Saturday, November 2, 2013

Baby Collier- 14 weeks!

How far along: 14 weeks (officially by ALL medical opinions and baby apps in the 2nd trimester!)

Fruit comparison: Lemon (3.4 inches long)

Weight gain: actually lost 2 since I've been more consistent with Zumba and eating better.  So total is 3 lbs!

Sleep: oh so good.  Prone is not happening much anymore though.

Best moment of the week: not baby related but the Bucs winning their 6th District title against undefeated Silverdale (their rivals who have never beaten Boyd in football, ever) in overtime going for a 2 point conversion.  I'm sure this baby wonders what in the world all the commotion was about during that game. 



Movement: sometimes I feel my stomach turning flip flops at night.  Maybe not baby but I'm not sure!

Food cravings/aversions:  Craving: meatball subs (wish Subway had turkey meatballs) and strawberry cake.  Caleb got me my favorite strawberry patch cake from the Acropolis and totally surprised me! The church pot luck was the best I've eaten in 10 weeks.  There was so much to choose from so I could just get what I wanted that instant! There have been a couple occasions when I have not been able to eat what I ordered (Mexican and Italian).  Caleb thinks I'm crazy but it's HIS child doing this to me! haha Aversions are getting better but grilled chicken still is a big turn off.

What I miss: nothing! I am loving this 2nd trimester!

Workouts: Zumba and shaking a milk jug full of rocks for 60 minutes is a great tricep workout at the game!


Stretch marks: none

Maternity clothes: pants are a must for comfort. 

Belly button: in but it does feel funny

Gender:  We find out in 20 days!!!! Just in time for black Friday! (not that I shop, but others do!  I may shop online for the first gender specific item!)

Symptoms: Energy is returning.  Still super tired by 9:30 and sleep like a rock! (Guess I should now while I still can)

Rings: on

Mood: excited, happy, loving to show off this baby bump that is looking less like a beer belly now

Labor signs: no

Upcoming appts/events: Mom's birthday, Christmas and crib shopping. Next apt Nov 15th for bloodwork and another heartbeat listen.  I scheduled a gender scan at Cloud 9 at 17 weeks on Nov. 22nd! The reveal tentatively depends on playoffs but we will announce that day somehow! :)




I don't have any sad songs to post this time.  Just glory, praise and honor to the Creator for allowing me to get through the first trimester.  My nerves are more at ease now but I still pray for this baby daily.  I hope you still will too as we want he or she to be 100% healthy as can be!


This past Sunday, our minister quoted the verse we loved the day we got our first ultrasound- Psalms 27:13,
"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  But that day of our first appt it was the "verse of the day" in my Bible app so I didn't see the next verse, Psalms 27:14 stating "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Life is a waiting game.  It's all about His timing.  There is no need to rush or force things as it will happen when it's supposed to, as it's supposed to. That concept was very hard for me to grasp for the past 28 years of my life.  We waited for Him to grant us this pregnancy and now we are waiting for our little one to perfectly develop and grow before it's arrival this spring.  The goodness of the Lord will be seen in the land of the living, if you are patient enough to wait for it.  It's a true test of one's faith and trust in the Lord.  I'm so thankful for this.  I've never been a very patient person but it's getting better every day and I know I will be a better wife, mother, friend and Christian because of it. 

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.



1 comment: