Monday, July 30, 2012

It's football time, again!

Well, it's official.  I am now a football widow again.  2 a days have begun.  That means Caleb leaves early, is home during the day when I am at work and is already gone when I get home from work til bedtime.  Scrimmage this Friday, Jamboree next Friday then regular season starts.  Boyd has 7 home games this year.  The furthest we have to go is South Pittsburg.  The only off week we get is the weekend of my sweet SIL's wedding, so we will spend our night off at a rehearsal dinner.  That could not have worked out better though.  Sarah was such a huge help at my wedding, so I am ready to decorate, coordinate, organize and boss whomever around that I need to! Less than 2 months to go til she is Mrs. Sarah Hogan!

 Ok, back to football.  I do enjoy going to his games.  The latest high school football "Bible" is out which previews each team in TN.  There was a special section where coach's wives commented on what it's like during football season.  Well, I know Caleb is not a head coach right now, but it's still demanding of his time.  It's very demanding.  The only day that is not related to football is Saturdays, which gets overtaken by chores, family/friends time and then college football is a MUST.  So, no day is without football.  It's a good thing I LOVE football.  The thing I hate is him getting home late and eating dinner alone.  At least this year I will have Manning to keep me company.   I try to always tell myself the reason he is not home is perfectly acceptable.  Some women are faced with their husbands being out at bars, etc. I know exactly where he is.   When he is not home, he is mentoring and leading young boys in the greatest and most important/influential time of their lives.  He is such a good strong Christian example.  Caleb is very patient (way more than myself).  He is passionate, he cares for everyone.  He is not only showing them how to win games, play defense and score, he is teaching them how to be leaders, future husbands and strengthen their walks with God.  I see how much he loves the sport itself and how he enjoys coaching these kids.  This fire shows on Friday nights when I see him chest bumping one of his linemen, or shaking their helmet via face mask.  He loves what he does, and therefore I love it too.  The main goal of marriage in my opinion is to make the other one happy and their dreams/goals come true.  I will sit on bleachers for the rest of my life to make that happen.  In the hot sun, the rain, the snow, the wind, the nail biters, the bad calls, the cheers, the tears, the excitement.  All the way to the first weekend in December.  I will eat by myself, I will wake up early, wake up in the middle of the night when he gets in from games after reviewing films, rush through Sunday lunch so he can get to staff meetings, DVR high school side line wrap ups, listen to coach football talk conversations for hours, wash 3 outfits a day, change colors as needed, attend banquets, arrive early, stay late, layer up for cold weather, support Hot Hands business, and eat/live/breathe football forever.  It's fun watching him out there and getting to know the players and their families.  I love the Friday night lights atmosphere.  As a former cheerleader, I find myself dancing with the band, yelling out cheers, analyzing the cheerleaders' motions/stunts, and screaming at the players, refs and occasionally Caleb. I don't even have a child out there yet.  Can you imagine?  :)

I made this canvas for this coming season.  I am going to do a football themed mantle for the interim between summer-fall.

There is no "fall" season.  It's all football.  From the end of July to December.

 I made this for our front door.  It's one of our engagement pictures, with a little additional from Picasa.

I am excited about this upcoming season since it's our 2nd year at Boyd. I know a lot more people now so it's more fun.  My mom and Caleb's parents occasionally join me at games so I don't have to go alone to every game.  I have lots of bright royal blue clothes and accessories to don to support the mighty Bucs all the way to state!  If you need me on any Friday night between now and December, I will be at the Boyd Buchanan games with my blue on cheering on the team and my adorable Coach Collier.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a great thing that you love football and Caleb! Not sure how the love of football came to you....It is so neat how you cheered for the Bledsoe Warriors (blue and gold), went to a blue and gold college (UTC) and now a coach's wife (Blue). Good thing you look gorgeous in royal blue! Good luck to the Bucs, Warriors and Mocs! Go Vols! Orange is the next best color.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too sweet! Caleb is such a good influence to those boys and lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete