Sunday, July 1, 2012

1st Anniversary Trip

Our trip was so great!  We started our anniversary with breakfast at our favorite country cooking place- Cracker Barrel.  We then stopped in Calhoun to shop at the outlets.  Loft was good to me.  The real adventure was maneuvering around Atlanta traffic/roads.  Caleb is so calm when he drives.  Me, completely crazy.  He did great navigating me and then driving when it was his turn.  We enjoyed our dinner at Fogo de Chao.  Caleb was impressed and of course loved the meats.  They brought us a papaya cream dessert for free for our anniversary which was so nice of them!  Great service and hospitality! They did NOT want you to leave hungry! 



The next day we slept in, then went to the World of Coke Museum.  It was pretty interesting.  I got to hug the polar bear and we tried Coke products from around the world.  Our next stop was Ikea, which was exhausting.  I wish I could have just went to the last part first instead of walking through all the rooms.  But I got some new curtains and a rug that I really wanted for the living room!

Below are the pictures of our gifts we exchanged.  "Paper" in honor of the first anniversary and hand made! So special :)  I made the deck of cards with 52 reasons I love Caleb and he made a hand painted canvas.  He loves biscuits and gravy, fruit loops with marshmallows,  Ocean Water with vanilla from Sonic, and my special skillet fried chicken.  I apparently like to plan and steal the covers too. He has called me squirm from early on in our relationship because I changed positions so much on the couch, car etc because of my back issues.  It still fits today because I don't sit still much!
Also, our yummy 366 day (to be exact with leap year!) was enjoyed.  Just a small bite or two. 

Lastly, I found on Pinterest another great idea.  An anniversary journal.  A place to record what you did, etc for each anniversary and what was going on at the time.  Things that had happened the previous year and goals for the next year. This will be so cool to look at 25, 50 years down the road. I am so glad we did this.  It put so much in perspective and reminded us of what marriage is really about, not just everyday life. We have 14 goals for next year.  Some examples include things for our home like hardwood and tile downstairs, painting, paying off a couple things, staying healthy, dating each other again, spend more time studying the Bible together and to let the little things go more easily.  Caleb was actually very helpful with these goals. I just adore my husband.  This year was amazing and I know the next year ahead holds more happiness, fun and learning experiences combined with a whole lotta love.  :)


1 comment:

  1. So happy that you enjoyed your 1st anniversary getaway! Wishing you forever happy moments and years together. I love you always and forever!

    ReplyDelete