Saturday, March 31, 2012

Summer? Spring? Sunny!

It has been a while since I have done a post, so I figured I should update the one person who reads this (thanks mom!).  We have been working hard to get the pool up and running this week and were successful! We did not break anything or kill each other, so all in all it was great.  The water is 60 degrees, but my oh my I can't wait to lay by it and soak up some sun on my 2 off days this week.

Ta-da!

In exactly 2 weeks from this moment I will be the proud mama of a 6 week old german shepherd puppy and I can hardly contain my excitement.  I have puppy food, toys, bowls, leash, collar, and rawhides all ready and waiting.  I am traveling to Nashville for a continuing education course and will get to go get him and bring him back with me.  I will be staying with my Uncle John and Aunt Kim this time, so it will be nice to get to visit more.  Opry Mills mall has re-opened, so I think I will have to swing by Friday after class and see if it's up to code... Banana Republic and Loft outlets are my FAVORITE places in which to shop for work/casual clothes.  My credit card may be in trouble folks, (mom).

Back to the puppy.  The breeder finally sent me a pic of the male pups from the litter from Titan's dad.  I have no idea how she got them all to sit still like this.  I like the 2 on the far right the best.  I think analyzing their eyes and postures is so funny.  I can't wait to see his personality come to life.


 I have a name picked out, but it's still held private to the general public until I get him.  This dog is going to be loved so much.  Caleb may get really jealous.  I can remember when I would go outside and just chill in the grass with all our shepherds growing up.  They never had much to say, but would just sit and listen to me talk or sing and wag their tails.  They could always bring a smile to my face and attack me with kisses and sniffs.  I remember when one dog would die, I would just hug the other one as tight as I could and cry.  No one can tell me dogs do not have feelings, personalities or emotions like humans, because they do.  Even though I have known 8 shepherds in my lifetime, I feel like I have had a constant best friend every day no matter which one it was.  That smile and that tail wagging warms my heart and I can't wait to come home to that every day again after 8 years. 

We got to work on some landscaping today.  Caleb is more into it than I am, which is fine.  The yard keeps looking better. We are putting all indoor projects on hold for the summer.  We are going to focus on landscaping, installing the privacy fence, playing with our puppy and laying by the pool.  Come fall though, I have another room to primer and paint.  We hope to start saving to put down new flooring all downstairs.  But, I am very happy with what we have done so far.  It's ours to come home to every day and we love it.  God has really blessed me. 

More project fence and pen tomorrow with my parents.  More puppy and pen posts to come! 

1 comment:

  1. Precious, pool looks great! You will love it! But you will love that little Manning even more! Wish I could be there to see your face!! Maybe Aunt Kim will take your pic!! Love you, see you in a few!

    ReplyDelete