Sunday, March 11, 2012

Preparing for puppy

Today was such a great day.  We finally got started on the dog pen so I can get a puppy!! My parents came over and brought their dogs so the whole family spent the day outside!  Titan is growing like a weed and has the greatest personality.
He has an obsession with chairs and just puts his paws up like this.  It's hilarious.  I called and spoke with the breeder we got him from just 3 short months ago and she has some that will be ready the same weekend that I will be in Nashville for a continuing ed course! Perfect!  I will bring home the newest member of our family and I cannot wait.  Now, we just have to get the concrete scheduled, put up the pen and get a house/water bowl/food bowl, food and toys! Here is the progress we made today.  I used a shovel more today than in my entire life and boy is it work! (but going to be so worth it!)

 It will be all concrete, sloped and with a gate.  I will just have to get the water hose and spray it out.  I am considering a certain name, but not 100% yet, so I will wait until I meet him to decide what works best.

A big thank you again, to my wonderful dad who helps with any and all projects I ask for.  It saves me so much money not having to hire someone and even more special that my dad can do things like this for me.  I am very lucky.  He is trying to teach us stuff, but he is like a scientist and has a plan for everything and my mind does not think like that :)

More to come later...

2 comments:

  1. I showed this to your dad! He was really smiling! Won't be long now and you will have your very own puppy! Been a long time coming, hasn't it Precious? Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad. i really appreciate him making my puppy dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete