Sunday, March 4, 2012

New to this!

Well I will admit I have no idea why I am doing this and can already guess my husband will hate every bit of it.  We are approaching nearly 9 months of marriage and our 3rd month of home ownership.  My oh my have we learned a lot the past few months.  Not only how to paint, change out fixtures and manage a strict budget, but about life in general.  Marriage has taught me many things such as patience, kindness, selflessness, consideration, and again patience.  It's sometimes exhausting! We have a routine now which I love, but the daily grind through the week sometimes gets to me. Work, dinner, clean, laundry, HGTV, TiVo, fall asleep on the couch and crawl into bed to repeat the next day.  Where is the fun in that?  The fun is the simplicity of it all and having that constant person by your side even if you are doing nothing at all.  I do not miss wondering what I was going to do on Friday/Saturday nights and hating when I did not have anything to do or a date to go on. Now, I get excited when I actually don't have anything to do.  If it's not football season, a perfect Friday night consists of making dinner together (or ordering out) and just chilling on the couch.  Heck, one night we had a paint party together and got a lot accomplished.  There is nothing more I like then just being with my best friend, no matter what we're doing.  There is no questioning what I will do, where I will go, who I will see and I like that.  My constant companion and the love of my life is always there.  He is such a blessing in my life.

We have embarked on many projects lately and spend a lot of time in Lowe's.  I am hoping a design star contractor will soon approach us and come renovate a room for us.  Here's hoping! I will do a blog soon featuring all my projects. P We just bought patio furniture yesterday and I cannot wait to sit on our private back deck in the spring/summer evenings by the fire pit and just relax.  The neighbors behind the trees have a small pond with a fountain and it's so nice to just listen to it.  Yes, the furniture is still in our basement, but I am waiting just a few more days to see if spring is gonna stay around for good. I put it together myself and the chairs are so comfy!

 This will get even better when I finally, finally, finally have my very own German Shepherd here in Chattanooga.  I have always wanted to have a dog over here to take to the lake, Riverwalk or Greenway and that day is almost here! Forget kids, give me a puppy!  I am currently awaiting my amazing dad to lay some block and get some filler so we can pour concrete for the pen once we have some sequential days without rain! I just need to think of a name.  That blog will come later.

Here we are:

I am still trying to figure this blogging out, so maybe next time I can put up more pictures.  Have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment: