Saturday, March 8, 2014

Wylie Jewell Collier- 32 weeks



How far along: 32 weeks

Food comparison:  2 cauliflower heads  (15.2 to 16.7 inches long, 2.5 to 3.8lbs)

Weight gain: 19 pounds

Sleep:  Better as long as I diffuse lavender and have my pillows! Turning over is getting tough and my abs feel so weak.  I can't wait to get back to Zumba and workouts.

Best moment of the week: Just feeling her moving around and all the outpouring of love for our baby girl

 Movement: oh yes.  Best feeling. She is very active.  My stomach has random bulges on the R side most of the day.

Food cravings/aversions:  seafood, milk, strawberries, red meat, Cheddar's onion rings

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, no back pain, runny eggs, my full wardrobe, Zumba, being able to clean/do as much as I want like I used to, walking my normal pace (I think I'm starting to waddle as she is dropping a little)

Workouts: got a couple walks around the neighborhood with Manning during the pretty days this week; cleaning my house and organizing baby stuff feels like a work out.

Stretch marks: none!! I am slathering on cocoa butter lotion daily hoping to prevent them. I also made a creme from my YL essential oils with lavender, frankincense and coconut oil that feels amazing. Dolly loves to sniff and lick my stomach after because she loves the smell!

Maternity clothes:  Tired of this question.  Realized I needed at least one pair of maternity shorts as its warming up so Old Navy came through again!  A lot of my former dresses now make great tunics with leggings. 

Belly button: not in but not out?

Gender: my sweet Wylie girl

Symptoms: easily tired, low back pain, itchy/dry skin, some heartburn

Rings: on

Mood: happy, anxious, excited, tired

 Labor signs: no

Upcoming appts/events: Next appt March 21st. Church shower is Sunday and Boyd Buchanan shower is Tuesday.  Caleb and I are so blessed by many caring people in our lives who love Wylie so much already.  I took a breastfeeding class today by First Things First.  I would highly recommend it.  It answered a lot of my questions and I feel more comfortable and prepared. I found out my insurance would cover more than half of the cost for the top of the line Medela breast pump I want, so thanks to visit gift cards from Bethel, I will be getting it and taking advantage of this "Obamacare" aka Affordable Healthcare Act.  I will need a good, portable & efficient pump for returning to work with my back to back patient schedule. 


A special thanks to my mom and husband for helping me get things organized, returning/exchanging duplicate items, cleaning/laundry, cooking, bathing/walking dogs, etc.  I'm a very independent "get it done right now" person and I can no longer move and do at my usual pace due to fatigue and low back pain when I do too much (especially after working on my feet all day).  It has been very frustrating for me to say the least.  I hate depending on others and of course no one does it as well or as efficient as me, but I am so GRATEFUL for the help I am receiving despite my nagging and being particular.  I am trying to learn to take more breaks, sit more, rest more and not throw myself into early labor.  :)  I hate putting more on Caleb but at least it's not full blown football season!

1 comment:

  1. I am incredibly proud of you and sincerely wish I could hug you right now! You are a blessing to me and I am thankful for you. You are going to be the best mommy! :) Love, Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete