Monday, July 21, 2014

To the stay at home mom

I will preface this post by saying I am not "knocking" the job of a stay at home mom.  I know it's hard work. I know you have a lot to do and being with kids all day can sometimes drive you crazy and you long to converse with adults and be normal.  I know some of you have sacrificed a lot maybe financially to be able to stay at home and it's not easy money wise.  Again, I am not dissing you or your job as a stay at home mom.  I am simply expressing that the next time you feel frustrated that your child won't nap, pitches a fit, makes a mess or gets on your last nerve, think of the working mother who would give her left arm to be able to experience all of these moments.  Because not only does she miss the bad times, she misses the good ones as well.  Not only does she have to spend time with her child just at night and on the weekends, but she also has to fit in the laundry, the grocery shopping, the cleaning, the cooking, the husband, her friends, errands, etc, etc, etc in that limited amount of time as well.  As I spend my last week at home, I have so many fears, doubts, anxiety, tears and uncertainty.  All I can do is give it to God, but it's not very easy to do.  While I have found 2 wonderful ladies to take care of my sweet baby girl, I resent the fact that I have to pay someone to do what I would gladly do in a heartbeat, all day everyday, myself.  I am blessed to have gotten to spend 12 weeks with my little girl as I know others don't get to take off that long of time after having a baby.  As I try to focus on the positive, the negative just keeps creeping in with every minute that passes me by.  I am about to embark on the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  Working full time as a physical therapist & running my clinic, being a wife, being a mother, being a maid, being a cook, taking care of the dogs, studying for my McKenzie certification exam in November, staying in shape by attending two 6am boot camp classes per week and then walking at least with Wylie the other days, and keeping up my Christian walk with Bible study and small group.  All at the beginning of football season, our busiest time of the year until December.  And both sets of grandparents are 45+ minutes away. Deep breaths.  Deep breaths.  Deep breaths. 

Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

 1 Chronicles 16:11  Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

To the Stay at Home Mom:

To those lucky few,
I truly envy you.
You say it's hard
and I know this is true.

But what is more so,
is when you have to go.
When you are not where you want to be,
which is with your baby.

You aren't missing them
because you are there.
You aren't wondering and worrying
For they are in your care.

You don't have the guilt
You've got more time.
The balancing act of work and being a mommy
Just doesn't seem to align.

So next time your frustrated while being at home,
Think about me and just change your tone.

For I would love to be there for it all.
For every mess, every diaper, every tantrum and fall.

For every kiss, every cuddle, every breath, every sigh.
Every game, every milestone, every laugh, every cry.

I wish I could have extra time in my day.
How will I be a working mom and wife?
All I can do is pray. 


No comments:

Post a Comment