Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Variety is the Spice of Life, right?

 It's evident there is no "right way" to raise a child.  Look around and it's so evident.  But we all should just try and respect the ways we suggest to others who may be struggling.  Because you never know, it just may work!

Some things I've learned (and still working on) from motherhood to is be open minded, listen to any and all advice (heeding with caution and making the final decision with Caleb), try new things, go with the flow, pray a lot, and just do what keeps my baby happy, safe and healthy, which thankfully isn't hard to do! I followed Babywise, "eat-wake-sleep pattern" from 4 weeks on and Wylie was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. I have several friends whose babies did the same thing with this method. I highly recommend this method to every mom! No, it's not starvation or crying it out. It's letting a pattern fall in place so you always know mostly what your baby is needing at that time. It helps reduce the dependence on sleep crutches such as feeding to sleep, co sleeping, cat naps, over feeding, wasting milk because they weren't really hungry, etc. Now at 5 months she sleeps 12 hours. Occasionally I hear her at 3am but she just fusses a little then starts cooing and falls back asleep on her own without me even entering her room. Most ppl don't want an independent baby. Well I'm a very independent woman (only child syndrome) and I want my girl to grow up to be one too (not necessarily an only child).  :-) Someone will not always be right there to solve the world's problems for u, no matter how large or small. So reliance and confidence in yourself and God is a invaluable quality to have. You can never instill this message to early even if she is still an infant. I know babies are all different so I sure hope the next baby is this easy because she sure has me spoiled rotten!

I may not do everything right. Nor do I follow all the norms or traditions. I am not overly conservative or liberal either. I use hippie oils before medicine on my baby. I plan to let her start feeding herself at 6 months. I have a baby that can put herself to sleep and back to sleep in her own bed (or tent currently at nap time -see an open mind), which helps lead to a well rested, non-stressed mama and daddy! A baby that loves to eat homemade baby food from local farmers. A baby that smiles ALL THE TIME since her birthday! While I may not do things your way, I certainly have a smart, developing, super happy, and very healthy baby to show for it. So I must not be screwing up to bad. God made us all different because if we were all the same, that would be too easy. To each their own! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment